Jul 22, 2011

Along the Flash Flood Canal (part 1)

My partner and I like taking evening walks along the flash flood channels. July is flash flood awareness month. I was worried for this little stray when I saw her in the canal. If a flash flood comes through she will be wiped out. The real estate crash in Las Vegas has left a devastating animal population behind. Why humans didn't take their animals with them-beats me.
The sweet little kitty had the most beautiful emerald eyes that I have ever seen!
She led me to her home.
She found a good spot to keep out of the 105 degree weather. It looks like someone is already feeding her. And there is a water source for her here. I am looking for a no-kill shelter for her. They seem to be all full. She can't stay in the canal.
My shard trying to make a point with this photo. Don't worry I can smell it in the air when a flash flood is coming. Not today at 3% humidity.
Back to the walk.....

3 comments:

  1. This is such an informative and sweet documentary. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "Flash Flood Canals". Hope you find a place for the little Kitty before a flash flood. I'm looking forward to Part II. Is there rain in the forecast? Stay Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so sad for the animals when they are left behind. I listened to your tape – they both have a southern accent. When I stayed with family in Marseille for a while when I was a teenager I picked up the accent too. Coming back to Paris I thought my mother talked so funny - it was not her, it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina! No flash floods coming so far. Lets hope we find a home for her soon! Hope you are enjoying your Fridays off. =)

    Vagabonde that is funny.=) I have an american/south France accent when I speak french. Can you imagine how funny that must sound?!

    ReplyDelete