Sep 17, 2011

Fall into Paella

It's almost that time of year when I start cooking again. And when I say cooking, it's me actually doing food preparation, looking at recipes, and cooking on a stove. Summer's menu at home consists mostly of salads, sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, pizza, and occasional soups. When we eat out (which is seldom), it's usually Mexican or French. By September I start thinking of a new rotating menu. Dori is asking about getting a salade Niçoise before summer's end and I'm thinking about the first paella for fall. Fall and winter in the southwest is when mussels are the freshest.  So - it is September in the desert and paella is on the horizon. 





You can go here for a wonderful paella recipe. Bon Appetit!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing. I hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paella! I haven't cooked it for ages. After such mouth-watering photos, I must do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure was great Randy! Thank you=)

    Yes Olga - it is time for you to make one. Bonne chance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It maybe looks tasty but I don't thing i would be brave enough to eat that :D !
    Greetings from Poland :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very tasty Magda. Don't worry it won't bite you. ;) Thanks for visiting all the way from Poland!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Paella! Haven't had a good one since I was in Miami!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the ones in Miami are good Wida! The best Paellas I've had were in southern France...I still can't make one as good as theirs! I live in the desert after all- the mussels are fresher by the water. =)

    ReplyDelete