Mar 9, 2012

Jean-Luc the Cat


DSC03912


Shortly after I met Dori, I met Jean-Luc the cat. Dori had adopted him from a Petco in Phoenix, apparently he had been abandoned. Whenever I watch the show, My Cat from Hell, I count my lucky stars to have Jean-Luc. What an unbelievably sweet cat. He shatters the 'aloof' cat-stereotype by being one of the neediest cats I've ever seen. He loves attention, he's healthy, timid (I know where the term 'scaredy cat' comes from), a good protector, and a great lover. He could get any feline he wanted, well, that is, if it wasn't for his breath! 


DSC00558

DSC03883


sc0004f9ed

I was a little reluctant when I first met Jean-Luc.  Cats can be territorial and you never know the reaction when stepping on their turf. I had a cat once, named Toulouse. She didn't like to share very much with others. But luckily, Jean-Luc decided early on that he would share with me. I knew I was accepted after receiving his little gift the first week we met. The gift was found on my way to bed, sitting next to my night stand, there it was, a headless bird. The ultimate cat-housewarming gift. It was placed so beautifully, I nearly saw a bow and ribbon adorning the kill. I was touched, a little horrified. But since Jean-Luc was waiting for my reaction, I concealed my horror and praised him emphatically. I'm so happy to have received the dead bird. We've been the best of friends ever since.  

sc000eaa69

DSC01977
Jean Luc had a girlfriend once. Her name was Ho-Ning. 

DSC02173

DSC02328

DSC01984


DSC01845

248796_2126983734581_1245544674_32635501_5489574_n
Jean Luc's one-eye cousin in Cruzy, France(above)

47626_1774171034484_1245544674_32060407_2481886_n

IMG_3032
retirement home in Las Vegas(above)

DSC04184


DSC00084

21 comments:

  1. Love his name (and the red couch), Jean-Luc, très chic! It's cool to know Dori adopted him. :)
    I can't imagine what you would find in your way to bed if he hadn't accepted you! :D
    Anyway, I can see how sweet and lucky he is.
    Tenha um fim de semana maravilhoso Sandy, Dori et Jean-Luc. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lúcia. You always know how to make me laugh! You should have seen what Ho-Ning dragged in. It was bigger than she was. ;P
      Tenha um fim de semana maravilhoso too Lúcia! =)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, as you know I'm a dog lover (but I like cats too), they'll always bring you a ball. :)
      Obrigada Sandy!

      Delete
  2. Jean-Luc-KY cat is he! Such a pampered and catered to fellow!
    Pics and essay certainly shows the life and moods of Jean-Luc and his adventures. A thoughtful gift of a hunt, enjoying a Tweety-Bird cartoon together, a romp in the bush with a girlfriend named Ho-Ning, what this French boy wants he gets!
    Enjoyed the photos alot. Jean-Luc sitting in the lavender chair with the shadows and sunlight streaming in, is an eye catcher! Wonder if he is thinking of Ho-Ning? Or just how Luc-KY he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one pampered cat that Jean-Lucky! LOL Nice play on words Parker. Thanks for the nice comment. I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend... especially with all that spring weather y'all are getting. =)

      Delete
  3. I have never owned a cat but I do know they have their own temperaments...seems like Jean-Luc has one of his own!
    Cute pictures. I love the one of him on the chair! How sweet....Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. You must have dogs then? Maybe rattlesnakes?;) Thanks for the nice words. I hope you have a fab. weekend in AZ. The weather will be perfect I bet! =)

      Delete
  4. I love your Jean-Luc. What a cool cat he is. Nothing better than a stereotype-debunking aka a friendly, needy cat! I have one of those too, Felix, aka "The Puma." He is my big purring machine and has never met a human he did not like. Too bad we live so far away from each other. We could have organized a "playdate!" ;-) Bon weekend! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronique! I wish I could pet the purring machine aka The Puma - he sounds great! Can you imagine Felix and Jean-Luc hangin' out? LOL Their names are cracking me up right now. Bon weekend French girl! =)

      Delete
  5. Cute pics of Jean-Luc's life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red! Hope you have a terrific weekend. =)

      Delete
  6. He is one handsome little guy. Looks like he has a great personality too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randy. Thanks...Jean-Luc is quite handsome isn't he. His personality makes him even more handsome!;)

      Delete
  7. Ahh, to have the life of a cat with a good owner. I could come back as a cat like that!

    Great shots! Love cats. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron. My dad says he wants to be a cat in his next life.lol You guys are thinking the same way.
      Thanks for the nice comment. Have a great spring forward. ;)

      Delete
  8. All these pictures are such classic cat pictures and to be of Jean-Luc.... Awww. How special to have a complete tribute post to him. I miss Jean-Luc and of course Saundra and Dori!! I'm ready to come to Vegas for a visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NIna!! =) We have a room ready for your visit. Jean-Luc, Dori and I are really looking forward to it. We have some new plans for your visit...since you already did the zipline down Freemont street....I think you are ready to jump off the Stratosphere this time! ;) xo

      Delete
  9. I love hearing happy endings when it comes to cats and people finding each other in this lifetime. Our cat is also adopted. I think it's very important to love them and try to earn their trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olga.=) I can tell you are an animal lover and your pets are lucky to have you. I agree, it's important to earn their respect. =) Have a nice week.

      Delete
  10. Chulisimas fotos. geniales. Un beso desde Murcia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracias alp. Que tenga un buen día. =)

    ReplyDelete