Oct 23, 2012

Flight over the Desert

AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018141017

Recently I flew to Las Vegas to visit family and to help Dori move to the Four Corners. Yes, she got a job that fast! We still can't believe it. We were never really 'Las Vegas girls', but after getting a taste of New Mexico, it became that much clearer. Flying out of the Four Corners usually involves a two-propeller aircraft and some low flying. It can make you happy and horrified all at once. I was happy that I got to see the Grand Canyon like never before, but horrified to think of crashing into that maze-like abyss. The high desert glare from the plane was tough for photo taking, but you can still see how Earth's geological history was carved into the rock, layer after layer, the story continues.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018142523
Leaving the Four Corners


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018205955
Once an Ocean


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018210439
 I was thinking if we crashed, please let it be on a bluff....not into the abyss of the Grand Canyon!
AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018210145
Colorado River


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018140206




AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018144753
Near Las Vegas, NV.  Vegas gets its water from the Colorado River.  Vegas will run out of water someday soon.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121018141634
 Las Vegas

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful views from the sky! Yay for Dori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonya! Cheers from the desert. =)

      Delete
  2. That is good news, congratulations for her!
    The view is impressive, but I'm not sure if I got excited about the aicraft...
    Good luck on this new phase of your lifes!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Lúcia! You don't like those aircrafts either? I wonder why?lol I wish you a wonderful day!!xo

      Delete
  3. Amazing, just amazing, Sandy! Thank you for sharing these! I have never seen Las Vegas or the Grand Canyon, so this was a real treat. Great news about your gf. Good for her! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci French Girl! I enjoy showing you this region- it's a lot of fun. Je te souhaite une merveilleuse journée Veronique. =)

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous! I love the Grand Canyon and this is the first time seeing this view of it. Have a safe move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randy! Thanks for stopping by. Our move was safe!=)

      Delete
  5. I've never been out there and have never seen this view in pics - it looks fabulous!

    Do you think that canned chopped green peppers would work in your recipe or should it be an actual sauce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could. And if you want to give it a little flavor...saute the green peppers with some onions in a pan for 5 min. =) Thanks for visiting from Toronto RedPat!=)

      Delete
  6. These are very impressive pictures. Thank you for your effort. Miss flying home. Please have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ Robert! I appreciate your words. I hope you get to go home soon my friend. =)

      Delete
  7. Is there really a difference between "crashing" on a bluff or in the canyon? LOL

    I really dislike those little puddle jumper plains, just not big enough for me!

    You did get some nice photos though, even through the plane window which are usually dirty and hard to just see out of.

    Congrats to Dori on the new job and good luck with that move. I think I hate moving more than I do flying in the puddle jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a great day to have a window seat on a flight to Vegas from the four corners. Even tho you are not to thrilled flying the puddle-jumper you sure gave us a picture treat to enjoy! While you were looking down taking pics it was nice to hear things were looking up in that Dori would be relocating to the Four Corners after a successful job hunt! Hopeing the move went well and you guys are exploring the area of the Four Corners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yo, Sandy! I know I have already commented here, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by chez moi today. I did enjoy the story of your lunch with the "interesting" French woman, so many years ago. She sounded like a real character. Une vraie personnalité! A bientôt. Veronique French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tension between sex cams God's grace and humans needing this in order to try to get a look at the interface thanks to Motorola and T-Mobile's videos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Et c'est ainsi que l'inconnue s'est dconnecte, peut-tre pour aller dormir, peut-tre pour aller dormir, peut-tre pour cesser de se faire importuner par le curieux que je suis et retourner la conqute d'une sexcam.



    Feel free to surf to my page - sex cams

    ReplyDelete