Mar 13, 2013

Canyons, Rocks, & Languedoc

AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313132246
I'm sure there's no guessing by now that my two favorite places on earth are the South of France, and the American Southwest. The next two blogs are a tribute to both places. There might be a bit more focus on certain areas, but make no mistake, I love it all. 

AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313130436
Mexican Hat, Utah


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313132140
Farmington, New Mexico


7109852565_aa9e96f8e7_z
Monument Valley, Utah/Arizona


DSC01071
Moab 1/2 Marathon, Utah
IMG_2165
Goosenecks State Park, Utah


DSC05287
Dead Horse Point, Utah


6539221503_e84c28f578
Monument Valley Utah/ Arizona



IMG_2090
Bluff, Utah


IMG_3621
Valley of Fire, Nevada


DSC05396
Moab, Utah



IMG_3475
Zion National Park, Utah


DSC01019
Canyonlands National Park, Utah


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313132356
Farmington, New Mexico


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121120134702
Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20121106134112
Durango, Colorado


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313132330
Farmington Airport, New Mexico


AdobePhotoshopExpress_20130313132212
Sunset paints the Four Corners, New Mexico


DSCN0133
Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah


800px-Shiprock.snodgrass3
Shiprock, New Mexico (not my photo)


IMG_3471
Native Art - Valley of Fire, Nevada


DSC05855
My Art - Bluff, Utah


arizona1111 032
Monument Valley, Utah/Arizona

18 comments:

  1. Wow! You 2 go to some cool place!

    (And you are adorable doing it :)

    Re my bike: YES! My (Blog invisible) Husband and a good friend built that 1973 BMW /5 from parts for me and developed that cool metallic lilac paint! I rode it for years, helped to found a woman's motorcycle club. I passed it on to shall we say a younger woman who still lifts weights and can handle that big machine. I'm rocking a 125cc Yamaha scooter :-)


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cloudia! Thanks for the info. That's just great. I have always wanted a bike like that and a woman's motorcycle club! Jealous. Like you... I think I would go with a Yamaha scooter now.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shot of monument valley with the road leading us into the pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RedPat! XO It was quite a view.

      Delete
  4. How Nice!
    A wonderful pictorial essay of you girls road tripping around in the desert country of the Southwest!

    The long lonesome road pic thru Monument Valley makes me want to visit again. The pic at Mexican Hat gave me a smile as did the finger held acorn rock at Canyonlands. Farmington twinkling in the twilight hour and stretched along the valley floor is such a peaceful pic. The rainbows after a rain make me think of a pot of gold!The red rocks, Hoodoos at Bryce, native art and Shiprocks all contribute to the experience!

    Yes! You are tied to the land as your drawing/painting shows! I see the tombstones of your blood kin laying at rest in the well kept cemetery at Bluff. Their blood flows thru you and yours back to them! A Daughter of the Southwest you are!

    Awaiting the French Connection and that Circle of Life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parker! Thanks for your awesome words. Will you be my editor!?;) You've been paying attention! Thanks again! Happy Spring. xo

      Delete
  5. Great shots Sandy and a little humor to boot in Canyonlands. I really love the shot with the road leading to Monument Valley. That's is a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ron. =) You and Parker both liked road leading to Monument Valley. 2 votes. That pic is in the lead now.lol That must mean you have a good sense of humor (Canyonlands pic) also! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour Sandy. Glad you told me about this post. I would have likely missed it, it's been crazy busy lately. So, I look at all these amazing photos, and I have to say, I think the 96 Corners are a lot more scenic than the Languedoc! (Goosenecks State park. Wow!) -- You do realize this is French Girl in Seattle writing this, of course. Truly, I am impressed. I really, really have to plan a trip to your neck of the woods one of these days. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour Veronique! I don't believe what I'm hearing but you may change your mind when I show you the pictures from Languedoc. =) keep posted. Or I'll keep you posted. Thanks my friend for the visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Saundra aka "Sandy".. Your photo tour of the "Four Corners" is inspiring. I want to come and see it all in person! I love, of course, all the photos of you and Dori the most :-)"Missing ya'll.."(with Arkansas accent). These pictures are trully amazing. Glad you included your art work too... Isn't that the painting you finished when I was there in Vegas? Looking forward to your South of France photo tour next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina! Thanks for the visit . I hope you get to see some of these places with us soon. It was the painting I was doing while you were in Vegas.:) good memory. Stay tuned for South of France.;)

      Delete
  10. Amazing photos. I would love to visit Monument Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the photos!! If I can't get back to the Southwest soon, at least I can look at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Sonya! Hopefully you get here soon. =)

      Delete
  13. Excelentes fotografias....
    Cumprimentos

    ReplyDelete