Oct 1, 2017

Iceland: Land of Fire and Ice

Iceland



 Where do I start when words can't describe a place? I only have feelings of an introvert, deep inside, somewhere far away, a place like Iceland that feels like home.

 Pictures still burn in my mind of this other worldly land. Single box homes sprinkled along the moon-like shore. An Island that has everything going for it and everything going against it. The Land of Fire and Ice, the land of extremes. The land of beautiful people, fat cats, and active volcanos. The sheer survival and stubbornness of the people is like the landscape itself, and has touched my heart.

 Although only there for a short visit, Iceland dominates my thoughts and dreams. My experience there has planted a political seed, a dream for a world that could possibly be. One with renewable energy, fresh water, fair economics, and respect for the environment. Where a place like Iceland could inspire the entire planet to feel like home.



Iceland
Iceland - airport bathrooms

Iceland
Reykjavik, city capital

Iceland


Iceland
Iceland has already had a lesbian president. No issues.

Iceland
Blue Lagoon -geothermal spa in a lava field

Iceland


Iceland


Iceland


Iceland
        No need to buy bottled water. Icelandic water is not polluted and filtered by lava rocks.

Iceland
About 85% of total primary energy supply in Iceland is derived from domestically produced renewable energy sources. 


Iceland
Iceland
I want one of these sweaters!

Iceland
The quiet Island of Iceland has been overwhelmed with tourism lately. 

Iceland


Iceland
Showing off some of my viking dna. 

Iceland

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Really nice photos and great information. Such a beautiful and interesting place. It is interesting that you posted this today. Two days ago I watched a movie about a couple who were vacationing in Iceland. They woke up one morning and everybody else in the country was gone. They spent a lot of time driving in and around the capital city. It made me want to go there. Now you post this! Maybe it's kismet, and I needed you to prompt me to go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. I've heard of that movie! Yes, it's definitely a sign for you to go! Thanks for stopping by. =)

      Delete
  2. Oops! Bokeh was the name of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great visit to a very unique country. Love those shots in the geothermal spa... fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, fun times! =)

      Delete
  4. Very good writting about Iceland ! I'll love to go there for a visit ! Thank you for the sharing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mom! I think you would enjoy it. πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ’•✨

      Delete